Many homebuyers wonder why they should use a Realtor when there are so many resources available to them online. While it’s possible to buy a home without an agent, there are a number of reasons why hiring a Realtor will make your home buying process easier, more efficient and more enjoyable.
Here are 5 important reasons to use a Realtor when buying a home:
1. In-Depth Knowledge of the Area
A Realtor will have a good working knowledge of the area or neighborhood and they’ll be able to gain quick access to vital information needed about the area where you want to buy property. This will help you:
- Identify comparable properties in the same area
- Get data about the school district, demographics, recreational facilities and crime rate
- Know what price a home is valued at, even when it’s advertised at a specific price online
2. Guidance for Pricing and Negotiation
Realtors don’t set prices for you or the seller, but they can provide guidance that’ll help you negotiate effectively.
- An experienced Realtor will know the value to set on a home
- They also know whether the home will appreciate or decline in a specific neighborhood
- Real estate agents can easily tell you whether a home is underpriced or overpriced
- Your agent also knows exactly where you can get the type of home you want at your desired price
3. Effective Handling of Paperwork
Modern purchase agreements now have many legal clauses, and some can be up to 10 or more pages long. In addition, you need the sellers to make various types of state and federal disclosures.
- Realtors are helpful at handling real estate documents needed to process and close a home purchase, such as a real estate contract
- You can rely on a Realtor to help you avoid omissions or mistakes that can land you in court or cost you a large sum of money
- Realtors will also help you choose a good title company to help you handle title insurance and closing procedures
4. Detailed Information About Market Conditions
Realtors can provide details about market conditions that’ll help you make a better buying decision. These details include:
- The average cost per square foot of homes
- The average sales price of similar homes in the same area
- The ratio of list-to-sold prices
- The average number of days a property has been listed on the market
5. Professional and Ethical Conduct
One of the main reasons to work with a Realtor is that agents belonging to the National Association of Realtors must comply with the association’s code of ethics. So, you can be sure that:
- Your Realtor will handle your purchase in a transparent and honest way
- You’ll receive a full disclosure about any issues that are known about the property
- You can report any unethical conduct to the association and your case will be promptly addressed
- Your agent will uphold the strict code of ethics as outlined by the association
All these details can affect the decision you make regarding your purchase of a property.
For more information on how you can enjoy a professional, engaging, and memorable closing experience, give us a call today at (954) 566-6000. You can also reach out to us online for a free, no-obligation quote. We offer you far more than title insurance. Trust Title Partners of South Florida and all our reviews online for an awesome closing experience.